Monday, June 7, 2010

My Project Plate

I’m done with school! Of course comes the question, “Now what?” I have decided to take a year to see where the winds of fate take me. But I need some sort of structure in my life. School use to provide that, but now that I am an adult *gasp* I need to learn how to do it on my own. Thus, this blog. I hope it will provide some accountability for my projects.

Membership Application (ASP.NET/vb.NET)
This is a work application that is about two weeks past its due date. I can give you a whole bunch of excuses why it is late, but the biggest one has to be my inability to code with constant interruptions. And of course, my somehow losing the source code. Luckily, I still have the compiled code and can bring it back.

SocialRoleplay.net (BuddyPress/php)
This is my personal project. A fellow roleplayer of mine is a WordPress Evangelist and infected me with the WordPress Fever. Of course, this site will be based more on BuddyPress, which is a social networking wordpress plugin. I won't post too many details about this project until I get the beta up and running.

Nwarpg.org (phpBB/Wordpress)
I was recently made admin on the NWARPG forums, a local organization of gamers based in Northwest Arkansas. I have been slowly installing new functionality to the forums and hope to move the index page of the site over to word press.

Dogs in the Vineyard Game (RPG)
This isn’t a programming project, but a RPG game I am running. This is my second attempt at running a long term campaign. Now that I am more experienced, I hope it will succeed.

Reading more Non-Fiction
I love reading non-fiction, especially biology and sociology books. Unfortunately, I don’t get to read enough of them. Thus I am making use of my local library again and checking out books.

Studying for GMAT
Not so sure about this because I am no longer sure I want to get my PHD. Well, I still want to get my PHD, but I am not willing to put myself into debt for it. I am horribly scared of debt and have student loans from my Masters Degree to pay off.

No comments: